CYBER CRIME ACT 2020
Currently a Bill
Being an Act to provide for the prevention of the abusive use of computer systems; to provide for the timely and effective collection of electronic evidence for the purpose of investigation and prosecution of cybercrime; to provide for the protection of Critical National Information Infrastructure; to provide for facilitation of international cooperation in dealing with cybercrime matters and to provide for other related matters.
PART II - CRITICAL NATIONAL INFORMATION INFRASTRUCTURE
- Designation of certain computer systems as Critical National Information Infrastructure.
- Audit and inspection of Critical National Information Infrastructure.
PART III - POWERS AND PROCEDURES
- Scope of powers and procedures.
- Search and seizure of stored computer data.
- Record of and access to seized data.
- Production order.
- Expedited preservation and partial disclosure of traffic data.
- Real-time collection of traffic data.
- Interception of content data.
- Confidentiality and limitation of liability.
- Territorial jurisdiction.
PART IV - INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION
- Spontaneous information.
- Powers of the Attorney-General.
- Authority to make and act on mutual assistance requests.
- Confidentiality and limitation of use.
- Expedited preservation of stored computer data.
- Expedited disclosure of preserved traffic data.
- Mutual assistance regarding accessing of stored computer data.
- Trans-border access to stored computer data.
- Mutual assistance in real time collection of traffic data.
- Mutual assistance regarding interception of content data.
- Point of contact.
PART V- OFFENCES
- Unauthorised access.
- Unauthorised access to protected system.
- Unauthorised data interception.
- Unauthorised data interference.
- Unauthorised system interference.
- Misuse of device.
- Computer-related forgery.
- Computer fraud.
- Identity theft and impersonation.
- Electronic signature.
- Cyber stalking and cyber bullying.
- Cyber Squatting.
- Infringements of copyright and related rights.
- Online child sexual abuse.
- Attempting and aiding or abetting.
- Registration of cybercafé.
- Cyber terrorism.
- Racist and xenophobic offences.
- Reporting of cyber threats.
- Breach of confidence by service providers.
- Employees responsibility.
- Corporate liability.
PART VI - ADMINISTRATION AND ENFORCEMENT
- Co-ordination and enforcement.
- Establishment of the National Cybersecurity Advisory Council.
- Functions and powers of the Council.
- Establishment of National Cybersecurity Fund.
PART VII -MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS