The mandate of the Ministry is to:
· provide internal and external information services
· develop communications strategy and introduce improved methods of communication
· provide press and information services to Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies, nationally and externally (High Commissions, Embassies and Missions)
. support the provision of radio and TV broadcasting services until the broadcasting services are privatized;
· print legal, security and accounting documents as well as educational and general publicity materials for government and semi-government institutions until the Government Printing Department is privatized and
· ensures, through the Office of the Government Spokesperson, that all institutions of Government work collaboratively to achieve coherent and effective communications with the public.
The vision of the Ministry is to ensure that every citizen has access to timely, accurate, clear and objective information on national and international issues of relevance and the image of Sierra Leone is enhanced in the eyes of the outside world.
The Mission statement of the Ministry is ‘to develop all segments of the information and communications sector in order to keep all the citizens well informed, educated and sensitized about the activities of all branches of Government and to enhance the image of Sierra Leone in the eyes of the outside world